So I was left all alone this last weekend, since neither Sarah or I were traveling, so I was forced to entertain myself, which can often be disastrous. Luckily, Joe and Courtney stepped up and called me at the butt crack of dawn and asked if I wanted to do a short hike in the Sandias. They trail they picked travels through a clearing the runs north-south across North Sandia Mountain. Apparently they wanted to build a road from the peak to the town of Placitas, but the protesters got the better of the city and they cancelled the plans before the construction could start. The clearing has since started to fill in with Aspen, which thrive in the sunlight provided by the openness. The hike ended up being about 6 miles round trip, which was just perfect on a crisp autumn day.
On Sunday I had my last outdoor soccer game of the fall. We played a team that is at the top of the table, but we only had 10 people and they had like 15, so we spent most of the game on the defensive. Then in the second half Joe broke his ribs, again, and BJ broke his nose. If you're good with the math you'll notice that we are now down by 3 people, against the top team in our league. Luckily we have a stellar defense and we still held them to a 1-0 final score. Considering they usually win 3-0 against full teams, I was happy with my defenders.
No comments:
Post a Comment