So this post is a two for one deal, partly out of efficiency, but mostly out of laziness. Two weekends ago I spent another weekend with Sarah. We spent one day down in San Antonio along the River Walk.
This was my first time on the San Antonio River Walk. I've only been to San Antonio two other times in my life. The first time was basic training, the second time was for a soccer tournament but we never left the flying saucer.
The river walk was pretty cool, and I wish I could have seen it at night. We walked around for a few hours, just relaxing and talking. We also decided to take a few of our own Senior Pictures. I wish I would have brought my good camera...
On Friday I finally fulfilled all of the requirements to join the Cibola Search and Rescue Team. A guy stopped by my office on Friday to do the final "pack check" to ensure I have all the required gear. Then, at 1230am that night, I got a call that there was a mission. I reported to incident command at 2am and found out there was a 68 year old man that got lost while ATVing and was dressed for the 50 degree temperatures of daytime. It was now 2am and 15 degrees outside. It took about two hours to find the guy with the aid of the police chopper, and it took another 2 hours to get him out of the canyon.
1 comment:
It sounds like you've had some better time in San Antone since I was there last with you... running for hours in the pre-dawn, shaking with cold in our way too short air force shorts and dying of heat in the middle of the day in full blues.
good times.
guh.
Post a Comment