This weekend Sarah and I decided to get out of the house for a while and do some hiking. On Saturday, I wasn't feeling very motivated to drive anywhere, so Sarah, Bella and I drove over to Los Lunas Hill. Los Lunas Hill is about 2 miles from my house and towers over the west side of town. The hill is about 650 ft taller than the surrounding landscape and the peak is about 1000 ft over the main part of Los Lunas down in the valley.
The hike is about 3 miles round trip and the path is very wide. It must get a lot more use that I thought. The walk was gradual and it was a lot of fun to enjoy our warm weather and watch Bella run her little butt off.
On Sunday we decided to tackle a little more difficult trail. Since Sarah had never done the Embudito Trail, I decided to take her their and summit South Sandia Peak.
Well it turns out that every arroyo in the valley looks like the trail, and because of someone being stubborn and insisting he knew the trail, we spent about 1.5 hours bushwhacking up through the brush in the valley.
Eventually she made me turn around and we went back to the start and found where the actual trail was. Since we got the late start, we weren't able to reach the summit, because we wanted to get down before dark.
We did make it to Oso pass which is at 8200ft, which is about 2000ft higher than where we started.
No comments:
Post a Comment