So last weekend I headed up to Denver again because I thought that I would have to move some furniture out of my friend Dan's house. But I'll get to that fiasco later...
Friday night, Sarah picks me up at the airport and we head straight downtown in order to meet everyone at the Michigan State Alumni bar, the Public House. We get there and it's standing room only, but luckily Kara and Erik got there early and we have a few tables in the back, although we don't have any chairs to sit on. Then again, beggars can't be choosers. There are a ton of people at the bar and there is an electricity in the air. At the start of the game, however, that electricity turns into a shock in the ass, as Memphis teaches MSU how basketball is suppose to be played. At the half we are down by 30 points (no, that isn't a typo) and everyone at the bar has turned into an alcoholic. Luckily, on one 13 inch television in the way back corner of the bar, the Michigan State Hockey team is winning 3-0, which the DJ is happy to point out as he tries to keep the bar under control.
Anyways, the night ends with hundreds of Spartan fans crying themselves to sleep, and when we wake up on Saturday, we are greeted with a beautiful day for hiking. The Anderson, Blocksmas (plus a friend), and Courtney's meet at our place, and we carpool over to Chautauqua park in Boulder for some hiking.
Sarah picked out a trail to the Royal Arch, which was 3 miles round trip. We picked that hike because Christina is just starting to get better and we didn't want to do anything too stressful. The hike starts out well, but as we get higher on the mountain, we start to run into a lot of ice on the trail which slows us considerably.
Through careful footwork, we all make it through the ice fields and make it to the royal arch for some great views over the city of Boulder. We end up just hanging out at the top for about an hour before deciding to head back to town due to intense hunger. The trek down is equally slow due to the ice, but by the end of the afternoon, we're all down and safe at our cars. We all head into Boulder and eat at a small brew pub whose name escapes me due to a margarita. It comes highly recommended because Greg's brother use to work there, and the food, as well as the beer, turns out to be great.
On Sunday, Sarah and I decide to try and move some furniture that we are buying out of Dan's house. Earlier in the week when I called, every place was out of moving trucks, but said to stop by on Sunday and people would be returning them. This was true, except the fact that another 100 people were waiting for those returned trucks. Eventually we find out that there is no way in hell we are moving anything that weekend, so we stomp back to our house in a rather foul mood.
I've now made a reservation for this Thursday to move everything, which is exactly what I want to be doing the day before I leave for a 15 day hiking trip in a foreign country.
As I write this, I'm slowing gathering the things that I'll need to trek across Chile, so my next update won't be for a while, but hopefully I'll bring back lots of pictures to make the wait worth while.

No comments:
Post a Comment