Monday, May 5, 2008

A wedding and a weekend

Two weekends ago Sarah and I hopped on a flight to Birmingham, AL to go to a wedding of one of her friends from college. Her track friend Danielle was nice enough to pick us up at the airport on Friday night and to give us a place to stay which was awesome. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was fantastic, but of course we forgot to take pictures, so just imagine the beauty in your head and insert Sarah and I. See, isn't that nice?
So while we were in the airport we saw this lady sitting a little ways away from us. WARNING: Understatement of the year ahead... Her hair was massive. I mean huge. It's hard to image the size of a human head underneath that much hair, so I've inserted an oval to represent the extent of her cranium.
The scary thing is that this lady had to look in the mirror in the morning, and deliberately make it that big. I could just hear her saying, "Oooh, just a little bit bigger. Yeah, right there. That looks goooood."
On Sunday night we fly back to Denver, and first thing Monday morning I was back on the plane again, only this time to Boston for the week. After having cancelled the last two years in a row, I was finally able to present at the MIT Space Control Conference. Everything went off without a hitch and I'm happy to say I didn't sound all that stupid.
I flew back into town on Saturday and we had a wonderful lazy weekend at our home. I finally broke down and purchased a lawn mower because our lawn was getting pretty long, and was by far the worst looking one in the neighborhood. Somehow, purchasing a mower made me feel that much older, like I've just doomed myself to mowing the lawn and doing yard work, every weekend, for the rest of my life.
As I'm sure you can tell, I've finally gotten around to taking some pictures of my house. These are the rooms that have furniture in them. We still have two empty bedrooms and a sparsely populated master bedroom that I didn't bother with.
But anyways. Mostly we hung out, played with the dog, and finally set up our new king bed.

No comments: