Yay, Brian updated the blog about NZ. I kept thinking about writing the post, but I have a hard time writing about trips because how can you fully convey an experience in words? You can't. So I would just rather post all the pictures and simply tell everyone you Have. To. Go. But I will say a few things about the trip that Brian failed to mention:
- We met two girls from California who were playing rugby in NZ, and they told us all about the sport. Brian was convinced that he needed to find a rugby league here in Denver. Especially when he found out their are leagues out there for skinny boys under 80 kg like Brian. Who would have thought?
- At one of our wine tastings we met a guy from Napa Valley who worked in a vineyard for the summer and loved it, so he came out to NZ to work at a vineyard to see if it was really what he wanted to do. Brian was also convinced that we need to retire in NZ and have our own vineyard. Er, sure. One day...
- You wouldn't believe some of the food these people packed in with them on the trail. I'm talking fine dining at it's FINEST. Steaks, seasonings, spices, garlic, whole cucumbers, entire loaves of bread, bell peppers, etc. Like, are you kidding me?! These people put me to shame. I don't make food like that at home, much less backpacking on in the mountains for 3 days. Um, trail mix anyone?
- Brian bought a pair of CROCS! Yes, the Crocs basher/hater purchased a pair in NZ. It was a defining moment. And he, of course, loves them. Unveiling this is probably against wife code, but alas, I couldn't resist so the cat is out of the bag.
And now a couple notable quotes:
Brian: "You look cute when you wear tennis shoes."
Seriously. He said that. This is what our marriage has come to. I can't stop laughing about it though. But I must have really looked rough after 17 hours of flying...
Me: "Wait, what language to they speak in NZ? Do they speak English?" Err, just kidding...
Brian said a lot more funny stuff, and I said a lot more dumb stuff, but now I simply can't remember. Funnier and dumber quotes to come on the next trip I'm sure. Oh, speaking of conversations, that reminds me. So I'm in TX again, by the way. And naturally, while all of Denver is enjoying a 4 day weekend due to the snow storm (it was 75 degrees last Saturday, by the way), I just happened to come down to TX so I can work my butt off, Saturday included. I'm not bitter or anything.
Anyway, upon my journey down here, this made my day:
Lady [from Dollar Rent-a-car]: So I see you have a reservation for an Economy car. Me: Yes ma'am.
Lady: [*type, type, type*] Well, the only Economy car we have on the lot right now is being cleaned, so I'm going to upgrade you to a PT Cruiser.
Me: Okay, sounds good.
Lady: [*long pause*] But, there will be extra charges that apply, if you would like to upgrade to a car like that...
Me: [a bit confused] Um, well, no actually, I don't want to upgrade my car...
Lady: Well fine.
And then she hastily gave me the keys to the PT Cruiser. Seriously, Lady, do yourself a favor and don't quit your day job. Scam artist is not in your future. *sigh* Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment