I basically don't remember what happened, but this is what we've pieced together. At around 3:50pm I went up for a header, collided with another player, and landed, smacking my head on the ground. They brought me back to the bench and called Sarah to come pick me up. While supposedly I was sitting up with my eyes open, I certainly wasn't conscious. All of a sudden at 4:40pm I "woke up" if you will, and started to figure out something was wrong. I didn't know where I was, how I got there, or what happened. I didn't even remember the drive to the game, let alone playing or the collision. After a quick (3hr) trip to the ER and a CAT Scan later, I'm find. I was just a "Concussion with Loss of Consciousness." I'm not sure what that medical mumbo-jumbo means. I'll have to look it up on WebMD later. Needless to say, no more anything for me for two weeks.
On the bright side, I've still been having nose problems after my surgery a few years ago, and the radiologist said that the MRI showed that I have Acute Sinusitis's. Got a prescription for that too.
On another bright note, someone said that I saved a goal right before the collision, so I guess that's kind of sweet. I may have to go out and purchase a Brain Bucket though. Rock it out like Peter Cech.
No comments:
Post a Comment