
Last weekend Sarah and I decided to head up to the Indian Wilderness to do some hiking. Sarah has been up there once before and told me how beautiful it was, but we usually skip over it in favor of mountains farther into the range. We got up bright and early on Saturday and headed up there to hike Mt Audubon.

I've actually been wanting to hike this particular mountain for quite some time. Every morning when I drive into work on Highway 52, I get a spectacular view of the Indian Peaks. I basically just daydream about hiking them all as I slowly drag my butt closer and closer to work. One of the mountains in particular is easy to distinguish from the other dues to a large bowl, or depression right on the eastern side, like someone threw a baseball into your snowman or something. That, it turns out, is Mt Audubon.


The hike was a very nice, 8 mile trail the quickly ascends above treeline as you meander up the slopes of the mountain. The views out towards Rocky Mountain National Park were spectacular, but unfortunately the view out over Denver were obscured by smoke (thanks California...)

Overall I'm happy to have hiked this mountain, and now when I drive into work I can look at it and say, "Yep, done that."

No comments:
Post a Comment