I'm referring to spring and summer plans sillies! Is there anything better? We just pulled out the good ole calendar last night to start writing some of this stuff down, as our weekends are filling up quite quickly through September and it’s not even April yet. But without further ado, here’s our line-up so far:
Next weekend, April 1-4, we’re going to brave the masses of tourists during Easter to hike and camp at Arches and Canyonlands Nationals Parks! I’m really excited; we haven’t done a road trip or mini vacation in quite a while, so this will be super nice. Not to mention we haven’t been camping since last summer, so cheers to the beginning of the summer camping and hiking season…
The next two weekends after that, April 10-11 and April 17-18, Brian has a going away party to go to, I have a 30th birthday dinner for a friend to attend, and we are hosting the monthly neighborhood party as well. Also, Brian’s mom and brother are stopping through town both those weekends on their way to and from a conference in California, and my mom and sisters will be here in town the latter weekend since Caitlin, Knox, and Jackson will be moving into their new Colorado Springs home! It’s been since Thanksgiving and Christmas since we’ve seen our families, so it will be nice to see them both in a few short weeks.
End of April/early May, we’re having a BABY! Did you hear we’re pregnant?
So from about Mother’s Day through right before Father’s Day (funny how that works, huh?) will be time with our newborn baby and family and friends who come to see us. During that time I’ll also be on maternity leave for about 8 weeks, so the break from work will be really nice. I’m not sure I would exactly call it downtime, but I’m definitely looking forward to meeting our little girl and seeing our new dynamic unfold as we transition from couple to family. The only real plans we have right now during those 8 weeks with our newborn are to walk (me and Adeline) and run (Brian) the Bolder Boulder 10k at the end of May. It will be Adeline’s first race! Got to start her early, right?
Next comes quite a few weddings this summer:
- Father’s Day weekend we are going to New Orleans for my cousin’s wedding. This will also be a great time for my Dad’s whole side of the family to meet our little Adeline, and cousin Jackson too!
- July 10th I’m going to a wedding between two awesome college engineering friends who are getting married
- July 17th We’re taking Adeline to Santa Fe for two good AF friends wedding we know from our time in Albuquerque
- Aug 7th I’m a bridesmaid in a fabulous college teammate’s wedding in Ohio, and we’ll be taking Adeline to that too
And I also plan on jumping back on the road racing track, perhaps starting in late July. But on August 17th, Caitlin and I already signed up as a team for the Muddy Buddy race in Boulder – should be a riot. Then there's the Heart and Sole Half Marathon Aug 22nd, the Boulder Half is Sept 26th, and the Rock N Roll Denver Half Marathon/Marathon is Oct 17th. I want to do 2/3 of those at least, so I'll probably be signing up pretty soon and committing.
And last but certainly not least to cap off the summer – we bought tickets to go to SWITZERLAND! Brian and I will be trekking for 2 weeks across Switzerland Sept 1-15th on the Walkers Haute Route. It’s going to be amazing. I spent a few days in Switzerland after college while backpacking through Europe and fell in love. Brian has never been. While we're gone, little Adeline has reservations to stay at la casa de Mimi! Or actually, Mimi will be coming to our house to watch our baby.
So that’s what our spring and summer looks like…so far. Get excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment