Man, what a weekend... Sarah and I both flew into town on Thursday knowing we had a big day ahead of us. Friday morning at 8am we had to take engagement pictures with the photographer. It was like -20 degrees outside with hurricane force winds and I was just in a sweater and Sarah was walking around in this tiny dress like a true Alaskan girl. After an hour of that, we headed off to Hastings to get a marriage licence. We then headed to the hotel an met her mother and father there. The rest of Friday was swallowed up by rehearsals and rehearsal dinners.
On Saturday, everything went off without a hitch. Doug's service was perfect, the setting was beautiful, and the company was wonderful. Sarah looked absolutely beautiful and I had to struggle to maintain my composure every time I looked at her.
Sunday was a relaxing day hanging out with the family at my parents place. Eventually all good things come to an end however, and we had to fly home. Luckily the weather sucked and we got to say another night together in Middleville and took the early flight to Chicago on Monday.
All in all the weekend was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding and I'm so excited for Sarah and I to start our lives together.
Hopefully I'll have photo's to share soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment