I had four glorious days off for Christmas break, which I made sure to savor every second of whether I was in a state of consciousness or not. In those four days:
Brian and I went to the Denver Zoo to experience "Zoolights". Basically you walk around the zoo freezing your butt off with a cup of overpriced hot chocolate, looking at all the lights that are in the shapes of animals (I suppose this fools the average 5 year old, but I knew better). The real game though is to spot any real animals that are actually dumb enough to stay out in the below freezing weather. It was actually a nice walk though and something different to do:

On Christmas Day, our awesome neighbors and good friends Amanda and Ryan were kind enough to have us over to their house to experience Christmas with them and their entire extended family. Good food and games were had by all, and one by one we outlasted every member of their family well into the night with the help of several competitive and intense games on their new Wii. Oh, and I suppose all the alcohol that was consumed didn't hurt either:
And finally, Baby Girl and I went skiing (no lectures please, I get it) with my good friend Angela from college and her family, while Brian had to stay home because he was on call all week. We had a blast. And apparently, her boyfriend skiied with an engagement ring in his pocket all day, hoping I'd leave Angela alone for one sad second so he could do the deed. Well this didn't happen of course, but he was able to propose to her the day after I left (congrats Angela!):

These may or may not be actual pictures from the above mentioned events, by the way.
In other news, there's also nothing like a few days off work to give me a little motivation on the domesticated front. My gosh, I don't know what's come over me. Perhaps I'm just finding time now to live my inner domestic goddess DREAM! Okay, so that is absolutely not the case, but I am proud to say I've gotten my excel spreadsheet of addresses for family and friends alike up-to-date (read: created and completed from scratch), and I've designed and ordered 85 holiday cards to send out - shortly, when they arrive in the next day or so. No sense doing it half ass.
So if THAT isn't a sure sign of apocalypse, then the $500 worth of frames and picture printing we did this week is for sure. Seriously, is this what "nesting" is all about? I really hate that term by the way, but whatever it is, it's kicking my ass.
So yeah, we're finally in the middle of printing and framing a bunch of Brian's pictures from our various adventures over the last couple of years. The ones that we've matted so far look awesome - Brian's job tomorrow in between games of NCAA Football 2009 is to hang them up. Pictures to be posted soon.
And lastly, conversations in the evening have more often been going something like this:
Me: Uggg, I am SO FULL! Did I eat too much?!
Brian: Uh, yes.
and
Me: Bleeeeeh I am STILL so hungry.
Brian: Oh my god.
I hope everyone has a happy New Year! We're going back over to our neighbors house for a party on New Year's Eve to celebrate - Christmas was just the warm up.
No comments:
Post a Comment