Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm 28 now!

Man, I've just turned 28 years old. I am only 2 years away from playing in the old man's soccer league. That's scary to me. This year for my birthday we kept it simple. For dinner Sarah took me out to a German restaurant downtown called Cafe Berlin. The place only has about 15 tables, was packed the whole time, and was staffed by actual German's. Sarah ended up getting a Schnitzel and I got a Rouladen. The Rouladen was ok, not the best I've ever had, but the Schnitzel was fantastic. All of the side dishes were very good and it's motivated me to get my German Cookbook back out to try some more recipes. The best part was that they served good German beer, on tap, in LITERS! That's how good beer is meant to be served.

By the time we got home it was after 8pm and we went to bed with full intentions of snowshoeing early in the A.M. Well early came and went and I eventually got my butt out of bed at 10am. Since I couldn't sleep in on my Birthday, the day after will have to do. The hike is postponed until tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some pictures to share soon.

No comments: