1. Brian is a better cook than I.
2. Brian enjoys cooking.
3. And I do not.
So when I am in the mood to make something, it's usually dessert. Why dessert you ask? Because dessert is GOOD! It's yummy. Not only that, but if you have eggs, sugar, and vanilla the possibilities are endless, which is key for someone who despises going to the store (but that is for a different post). And Brian cooks, but doesn't particularly bake. Make something bad for you? What? So it's up to me to make sure we have sweet, fattening desserts in the house every once in a while. So I picked up this great find today from recipezaar.com:
Ingredients:
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
4 unpeeled red delicious apples cut up
1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free, fat-free butterscotch pudding (or regular)
1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
Directions: Mix all together and refrigerate overnight
That's it! That's all it is! How can you possibly beat 4 ingredients and 1 direction? Short, simple, and yummy. Right up my alley. And let me tell you, for a quick, somewhat healthy even, sweet dessert, this is where it's at. Now, I'm not posting a picture of my fabulous creation - why you ask? Because I don't want to scare you away from making it. Because although it turned out super good, it doesn't exactly look quite as appealing as it tastes. Because you see, I didn't exactly follow the recipe. Brian was conveniently going to the store, so I asked him to pick up some crushed pineapple and cool whip, since I had the rest of the ingredients on hand. Well, when he came back, I busily prepared everything, and then reached in the fridge to get the cool whip - and no cool whip was to be found:
"Babe, did you remember to get the cool whip?"
"Yeah, I put the whip cream canister in the fridge door."
Yep, that is exactly what he did. He put the whip cream canister in the fridge door.
So I used the entire whip cream canister instead of cool whip for my masterpiece. I was quite skeptical, but it still tasted delish although I bet it would have been even better with the cool whip. And I know it would have looked a lot more appetizing. Oh, and I used a vanilla pudding package instead of butterscotch, because that's what I had.
I'm the next Julia Childs, what can I say.
No comments:
Post a Comment