Tuesday, June 8, 2010

oh. hai!

We're still alive! I promise. This whole parenting thing gets in the way of blogging, sheesh.

And actually, I don't have a whole lot to report at the moment.  Adeline has been an angel of a baby.  Which probably explains why I haven't blogged lately.  Because blogging about a good baby?  Not nearly as fun as entitling a post OMG ADELINE! for you to read and laugh about. But oh, I am not complaining.  She'll be talking back before I know it, right?

But what do you write about when you stay at home with a baby who eats and naps during the day with barely a peep of a complaint, and sleeps through the night already?  Seriously?  This angel is a Reese-Bishop baby, really?  She leaves me a bit more in love and a lot more baffled every day.

But when she's 13, I'm going to re-read this blog post so I can laugh through the sobs of "where did I go wrong?"

But I digress. Adeline's just over 6 weeks now and doing what babies do.  She's starting to hold her head up really well now, and she really likes when we hold her up so she can stand on her feet.  She's starting to smile a bit more...but still by accident for the most part.  As far as what we've been up to, on the weekends we've been busy hanging out with family, and during the week she and I run errands and do chores while Dad is at work.

As for me, being a housewife for the past 6 weeks, I find myself going a bit crazy.  A piece of grass on the floor that Bella brought in?  Oh CRAP!  Time to mop the floor again.  A dirty shirt?  Egads!  Gotta do laundry, STAT.  Once I spilled an entire container of Oxyclean powder on the floor.  I decided to spend half my afternoon trying to mop it up.  And then Brian came home.

Bri:  What's that smell?

Me:  Oh, it's probably Oxyclean, I spilled it all over the floor and tried to mop it up the best I could. I spent like, three hours cleaning it up.

Bri:  Umm, why didn't you just use the vacuum? It's powder...

*long pause*

Me:  Because I wanted to do something other than feed the baby for 3 hours IDONTKNOWIDIDNTTHINKABOUTIT!!!!!

I think I need to go back to work. Using brain + adult interaction = good thing.

So I have about 2 weeks until it's back to the office, and needless to say, I'm looking forward to it. Now don't get me wrong, sitting at home eating bon bons all day half dressed has it's perks, but after awhile it's not as awesome as you might think. I'll miss little peanut for sure, and it's been great being home with her, but it's time to feel like a productive member of society again. Did I really just say that? How un-American of me.

Next week Adeline is going on her first plane ride to New Orleans for my cousin's wedding. It will be nice to get out of state and hang out with the family. Looking forward to it!

No comments: