Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Johnson Wedding/4th of July



So two weekends ago I attended my cousin Phil and Morgans wedding. Luckily for me, I was attending an acquisition class at the Defense Acquisition University in Dayton, OH, so I was able to get free plane tickets there, and all I had to pay for was a rental car ($200 a day for a compact, can you freakin' believe it?!) Well I left from Dayton right after my class got out on Friday, but because of stupid Chicago traffic, I just missed the ceremony.

Luckily though, I made it in plenty of time to make the reception. All of the family was there, with the exception of my wife, and it was great to see everyone. Fun was had by all, especially after the Patron started flowing...



Saturday was a luncheon at the Johnson's apartment complex and then Sunday was just a lazy day which was fantastic. The only down side was that Germany lost in the Euro 2008 final. Stupid Spain...



On the 4th of July weekend, my sister-in-law Hayley came out to Denver to visit Sarah and I. She flew in on Thursday morning and her and Sarah ran off and did, actually, I have no idea what they did. I didn't get there until Thursday night.


Friday was the 4th of July, so we got up early and headed out to Boulder Mountain Park for some nice hiking. Of course, I forgot my camera, so I can't share that experience with you.

Later in the day we headed next door to our neighbor Ryan and Amanda's for a 4th of July BBQ. we met a few more young couples that are friends of theirs and had a great time. Of course, Hayley had to make fun of how domestic Sarah and I are, crazy college kids








.

We ended up leaving the party early though, because we had tickets to the annual Blues Traveler Show at Red Rocks Amphitheater.




Red Rocks is a natural Amphitheater just west of Denver set in, well, some large red rocks. The amphitheater overlooks the whole city of Denver, so as Blues Traveler was playing, you could look out over the city and see tons of fireworks.

















On Saturday I mostly worked in the lawn, trying to get it to come back to life after Sarah and I manage to kill it off. I may be a second time home owner, but I'm definitely a first time grass owner.



Sunday, the three of us plus my dog headed out to the Buena Vista area to hike a 14er, but since I can't get the stupid pictures off my memory card, I'll write a post about that adventure later.

Here are the wedding pictures… and here are the 4th pictures.

No comments: